In this guide, we show how to switch enable Talking 123 Cookie Monster.
Remember, you may need to re-package these so open them carefully!!!!
- Cut tap at the rear back of the box on each side and the top of the box.
- Unwrap straps but leave the straps on the box and re-attach them after removing Cookie.
- Take out the speech device from the back [If doing similar toys, label it Cookie with a Sharpie (Elmo has the same case and you don’t want to get them mixed up!!!)].
- Unscrew all 5 screws.
- We need to create a place for the jack assembly to enter the control box. To modify the box cut one of the screw holes guides and drilling out the other one.
- Create a 3.5mm (1/8) “Free Hanging” Stereo Jack (adapted to mono-configuration) which a switch will plug into.
- Lace the mono-jack into the housing.
- Place a solder dot on the circuit board.
- Now solder one of the mono-jack wires to the spot of solder that you added and the second wire to the solder point where the black wires was already connected. Both soldering point only require a light touch the solder point to heat it up and touch the wire to it and then remove the heat.
- Adaptive port
- Normal switch
You must be logged in to post a comment.