Please support this event!
100% of donations on this page will be used toward this event
It’s official: this year’s Adapt-A-Thon will be a on November 25th at the fabulous Launch Site building at Orange Technical College in Orlando! Last year’s event adapted over 100 toys for children who use AT switches, and this year is going to be even better!
How? Well first, we’ve got more kids! Eight separate groups of young Makers are planning on joining us at the event:
- GRA-V FRC Team FRC Team 5816 (our hosts!)
- Roaring Riptide FRC Team 4118
- Royal Robotics FRC Team 5842
- Super 7 FTC Team 7477
- Exploding Bacon FRC Team 1902
- UF Women in Electrical and Computer Engineering (WECE)
- UF Building Others Through STEM (BOTS)
- UF Generational Relief in Prosthetics (GRiP)
That should about triple the number of hands working on toys, so we’re going to expand our goals! Specifically, we’ll be working on three new areas:
- Working with a larger number of groups who need toys. Does your school district need adapted toys? Or your charity (or just your child?) Let us know (but please contact us soon!)
- Including toys targeting older switch users. Dice rollers (for D&D, boggle, etc.), “Hand Raisers”, etc. are great for “bigger kids” and we’ve got the skills & designs to make them.
- Providing Switches & PC Switch Interfaces. We have three working switch designs that are all 3D printable: we’ll make sure any kid who needs a switch gets one. In addition, we’ll be providing low-cost switch interfaces to allow switches to be used as mouse and keyboard input to a PC or Mac.
This will be amazing, but it will cost money – more money than our usual funding methods can handle (but thank you LessonPix.com & the Binkos and Griffiths!). We estimate that even if the recipient groups purchase most of the unadapted toys, we’ll need about $2000.00 to make this happen.
So please, consider making a donation to this event. We are a 501(c)(3) charity and will be happy to work with you to make your donation or advertising purchase go as far as possible. If you’d like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org