In this guide, we will show how to adapt a Baby Einstein to be switch enabled.
Remember, you may need to re-package these so open them carefully!!!!
- Use an exacto knife and carefully cut the plastic. We will put this back in with tape.
- Remove the four screws from the back (you don’t need to remove the battery screw)
- Note there is some glue on the inside so there is a need for a slight tug.
- Create a 3.5mm (1/8) Panel Mount Stereo Jack (adapted to mono-configuration) (option 1 from the “Stereo-jack with Mono-jack Configuration” guide).
- Drill a hole on back of the panel with 1/4 inch drill bit (when the back is facing you–see photo and note where the finger is pointing…the other hole was a prior attempt and an accident)
- Splice into the solder points on the board itself by heating the existing points and adding in the adaptive jack
You must be logged in to post a comment.